It’s okay to indulge and have a few cocktails this holiday season, and after this year, we have definitely earned that extra one. However, it’s easy to get carried away and consume excessive alcohol during celebrations.
Alcohol intake has been linked to increased DNA fragmentation in sperm and reduced oocyte quality, however there are still ways you could enjoy a family friendly tipple without the additional concern of it affecting your fertility, such as this drink below.
The Sweet Adeline
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate juice (Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants and has shown to benefit both male and female fertility)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon syrup
- 1 teabag black tea blend with orange and spice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup hot water, to taste
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Pour the pomegranate juice and cinnamon syrup into a warm mug
- Add teabag and fill with hot water
- Allow tea to diffuse for a few minutes and then remove the teabag
- Stir and then garnish with a cinnamon stick