Why Fertility First
At Fertility First, we take a different approach. We put you first.
We know that no one person is the same, so through industry-leading science, and an extraordinary level of commitment and care, we individualise each and every treatment plan to give you the best chance of conceiving.
We are holistic in our approach. We always look at the entire picture, and treat everyone who comes into our clinic.
Each one of our specialists is extremely dedicated to our clients. Throughout the process, you will have the same point of contact and have availability after hours on weekdays and during weekends. We are aware that ovaries know nothing about weekends and public holidays, so whatever is the right day for your treatment will be the day that it is done.
Unlike other clinics, all patients will have the same fertility specialist throughout the journey; to support at all times, book their appointments, plan treatment cycles, and organise egg collection and transfer if IVF is necessary.
The Fertility First difference is, we keep trying when the others don’t.
- 100% of our patients are seen by a qualified expert. All our specialists have qualifications in reproductive medicine and fertility (CREI), and in fact the Director of Fertility First, Dr Anne Clark, was the first to receive this in Australia.
- Unlike other clinics, all patients will have the same fertility specialist throughout the journey; to support at all times, book their appointments, plan treatment cycles, and organise egg collection and transfer if IVF is necessary
- 100% of male partners will have a full assessment of their sperm. This includes checking for sperm DNA damage, and for treatment if required. Studies have shown that in 40% of cases, even if the man’s basic semen analysis is normal, there will be increased DNA damage that reduces the chance of pregnancy and increases the risk of miscarriage for the couple. This can be easily treated, if diagnosed.
Fertility First has been very fortunate to have a consistent supply of donor sperm immediately available for the past 15 years so we are very experienced in this area. We recognised early on the need to only use donors who were prepared to have their identity disclosed and that there was an appropriate choice of donors available. On average Fertility First has 40 to 50 different donors available at any one time.
As a result, anyone wishing to access donor sperm will not need to go on a waiting list or have any waiting time for sperm when they are ready for treatment. They also have the choice of intrauterine insemination as well as just IVF, depending on their medical circumstances.
In addition, patients only need to purchase sperm as they need it, i.e. if a pregnancy occurs in the first treatment cycle then only one straw needs to be bought. There is no need to outlay the cost of a number of straws at the beginning of treatment that are unlikely to be needed. Once a pregnancy has been confirmed then more sperm can dedicated to the woman/couple for a future pregnancy.
Our Success Rates
- 50% of patients who present to Fertility First will conceive on their own or with simpler easier treatments than IVF as result of the comprehensive screening that is done of all factors that impact on a couple’s chance of conceiving.
In relation to IVF treatments;
- 99% of patients who start an IVF cycle will have an egg collection, compared to the average of a 10% or higher cancellation rate (so less than 90% who start IVF go to egg collection).
- More than 60% of couples will have excess embryos that can be frozen for future treatment cycles.
- Australian fertility statistics have shown that 90% of women under 40 and 80% women over 40 will have a baby if they continue treatment.
- Women up to 48 years have had babies with Fertility First using their own eggs. Attention to correcting the impact of age on their partner’s sperm and other fertility factors assist in making this possible.
- In every single case, the team at Fertility First believe in trying harder, and using science, commitment and care to not kill hope.
*Lewis S and Aitken R. DNA damage to spermatozoa has impacts on fertilization and pregnancy Cell and Tissue Research 2004; 322: 33-41
* Rochebrochard et al, Likelihood of conception following IVF is halved for women 38 to 40 years if their partner is aged 40 years or older. Fertil Steril; 85:5 May 2006
* FSA, Adelaide, 2010
*Anzard data 2010
At Fertility First, our fees are reasonable as we minimise costs without comprising the chance of conceiving or quality of care. As a Doctor-owned Medical Practice, our treatment fees do not need to cover overheads and/or shareholder dividends, all of which have to come out of the income derived from patients’ treatment cycle fees at other clinics.
We are well aware of the emotional as well as financial costs associated with fertility treatment. Therefore, to ensure the chances of falling pregnant are maximised, we initially conduct a complete screen, and correction if necessary, of all nutritional and lifestyle factors known to reduce fertility.
Correction of these factors not only lead to increased spontaneous pregnancy rates and reduced miscarriage rates, but also to Fertility First having lower than expected preterm and low birth weight babies.*
We are also the only Fertility Unit that routinely screens for sperm DNA damage in all of our male patients. If increased sperm damage is detected, we have also invested in technology and a laboratory to assess directly how this damage can be best corrected. Doing so, significantly increases the likelihood of conception occurring, resulting in a simpler, easier, and less expensive treatment. In up to 30% of our cases, a natural conception can occur after addressing these factors.
FOLLOWING IS A CURRENT LIST OF OUR TREATMENT COSTS:
|TREATMENT||CYCLE PAYMENT||OUT OF POCKET COSTS AFTER FULL MEDICARE, SAFETY NET AND HEALTH INSURANCE REBATES|
|OVULATION INDUCTION – OI||$600.00||$600.00|
|INTRAUTERINE INSEMINATION – IUI||$2,150.00||$1,628.10|
|INTRAUTERINE INSEMINATION – DONOR SPERM – IUI/DI||$3,230.00 includes sperm||$2,708.10|
|IVF – INCLUDING ICSI||$8,990.00||$3,450.30|
|SUBSEQUENT IVF INCLUDING ICSI||$8,990.00||$2,894.70|
|FROZEN EMBRYO TRANSFER – FET||$3,500.00||$2,085.50|
|EMBRYO/SPERM FREEZING||$350.00($200.00 each 6 months there on)||$350.00
As of 1/12/2017
An administration representative will explain our Financial Consent Forms with you before starting treatment. In order to claim your full entitlements from Medicare you must have a current referral, this will enable you to claim on your consultations and treatment cycles. Day Surgery is subject to your level of health cover.
There will be some additional costs and the following is a guideline of those.
- Pre-diagnostic tests
- Additional Drugs if prescribed
- Day Surgery
- General Anaesthetic if required
- Cyro-storage of Embryo and Sperm
- Donor Sperm